Saturday, December 8, 2007

Then and Now...

Not too long ago I was talking with one of my friends about their upcoming trip to WDW. They told me that they were trying to decide where to stay and that they were having trouble deciding on a resort. During the conversation, this friend said that they were considering Dixie Landings because they had stayed there once before and enjoyed it. I said "yeah, Riverside is a really cool resort." They had no idea what I was talking about and thought that I had gotten myself confused. I then had to explain to them about the combining of Port Orleans French Quarter and Dixie Landings into one single resort, and the subsequent renaming of Dixie Landings to Port Orleans Riverside.

Disney has not restricted their name changing prerogative to that singular resort, having refurbished and changed the names of some others such as Saratoga Springs, the Polynesian Resort, and Shades of Green. I just thought that I would share a couple of the license plates that were issued with the original name of this particular resort. These are a little hard to find now, so if you run across them for a reasonable price I suggest picking them up.


No comments: