Monday, February 11, 2008

Explanations, Apologies, and a need for prayer...

There are many, many reasons why I have neglected this blog for the last couple of months. I would like to take this chance to apologize to those of you who had been regular visitors for my lack of attention. My intention was never to let this remain dormant and neglected. The last few months have not been very kind to me and my family. As many of you may remember, I started a new job in early November. While I have been very happy in my new job, I have been faced with work hours that I never could have expected. These increased hours often put me getting home very late and leave me in not exactly the best frame of mind to blog. On top of that I also have lost my desktop machine, which had all of my scans of my license plates and other Disney items, so I'm currently trying to rebuild the collection of scans. These things mainly took place in December shortly after my last post. By far though, the most trying event has to do with my nephew Jordan. Jordan is 4 years old and was diagnosed last month with a cancerous brain tumor. He has had surgery to remove the tumor, which was at the base of his brain. He is currently still in the hospital and was recently transferred to Children's Hospital in New Orleans to continue his treatment, which will include chemotherapy and radiation. I would ask anyone who still visits here from time to time, please keep Jordan and his family in your prayers. As my brother told us in email last week, "things are looking up, but they're still looking uphill." I thank you all in advance for your prayers and consideration.

I would also like to address the state of this blog and it's future, both short and long-term. For the time being I will start adding new blog posts on every Saturday, so there will be at least one update per week. As things level out I hope to be able to increase to twice weekly updates. I cannot keep up with the pace that I set in the beginning, I no longer have that kind of time on my hands. I will, however, do what I can to resurrect this blog before it goes the way of the dodo. I wish you all the best and I hope to be able to report on happier subjects in my next update.

3 comments:

Eric Hoffman said...

Ryan,
I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are going through right now. You never know how life will change from one day to the next. Thank you for sharing this information.

You asked for prayer and I will indeed pray for Jordan. I pray believing in a God who can do so much more than we can possibly imagine or comprehend. He has done amazing things in the lives of those my family knows - healing many...

With love,

~Eric Hoffman

Unknown said...

Ryan,

Your family is in our thoughts.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and hope that everything turns out alright.

It's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties and the struggle Jordan is going through right now.

Healing happens in many ways and I hope you'll recommend your cousin's family investigate a 'wish trip' to Give Kids The World (www.gktw.org). They can search for an approved wish granting organization on the GKTW website.