Monday, March 14, 2011

The waiting continues...with a little bit of rejection

And to be quite honest, it's really starting to suck!

In terms of my DCP experience there's not a whole lot to report unfortunately. I'm still counting down the days until I leave...64 and counting. Everything that I can possibly do before getting there has been done for weeks now, I just can't wait to get down to Walt Disney World to start living the dream!! There is, however, a little bit of news regarding school that I thought might be worth reporting.

First the good news...

last month I submitted 3 pieces of my artwork to a juried exhibition in Natchitoches, Louisiana. For those of you who aren't familiar with the idea of a juried show, it means that people submit work, and once all the work is in an outside judge is brought in to "prejudge" the show. This means that only a fraction of the work that is submitted will actually be accepted to the show. I'm happy to report that of the three drawings I submitted two of them were accepted, and these two drawings constitute two-thirds of the drawings accepted. also, the show committee has emailed my school and requested me by name to attend the reception this Friday, which usually means that either a first place or an award of some sort. I can only hope. I addition to this, I have also finished cutting most of the wood blocks for my senior thesis show. This is a huge weight off my mind and really lets me see the light at the end of the tunnel! All that's left now is to print all of the blocks and get ready to hang my show. I'm still trying to figure out how I finished almost a month and a half early!

So that's the good news, now for the bad...

My graduate school application to University of Iowa has officially been denied. I applied for admission for this fall in their drawing program and really felt good about the work that I submitted in my portfolio. However, I'm pretty sure that I would have declined the invitation if I had received it anyway since I've already accepted my invitation to the DCP. This makes it only slightly bad news for me. Disney is and always has been my dream job and I don't think even an invitation to attend the #1 printmaking school in the country could have stopped me from taking the opportunity I've been offered.

Anywho, that's about all I have for now. Hopefully next time there will be more to report!

I'm thinking I may go back to license plate postst for a little while...I've been missing doing them quite a little bit!

No comments: