Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Crazy Times and Good News...

To all the readers of this blog, I once again apologize for an extended down period. As the title says, there have been some crazy times going on lately that have had to take precedence over my updates here. The first bit of news is that my younger sister recently gave birth to a new daughter. She's absolutely beautiful and both mother and daughter are doing great, so I think she'll be ready soon to begin her indoctrination into the world of Disney! The second piece of news is that I have been in the process of transitioning from my old job to a new one. As some of you know I used to work for a library system as Technology Manager. I thought I was doing a good job, at least that's what my immediate supervisor said, but it turns out that other people in positions of power had very different ideas. Whatever the circumstances were (to be truthful I really don't know the whole story), the Acting Director (you read that right, he's not even a permanent fixture) decided that it would be a good idea to contract out the entire technology department thinking he could do it for less than my salary (good luck there). Rather than wait around to be fired I decided to accept an offer from a company that had been after me for some time. I am now working again as a marine electronics technician, and I'm convinced I should have made this move a lot sooner. So for the last few weeks I have been trying to prepare to leave the library and make the move back to ships. I think I'll send the library a thank you note for getting me a raise and a better job! There have also been some other happenings, but I won't get into them here. I will be getting back to my regular posting ASAP and I promise the next post will be a good one!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back, Ryan!

Glad to know that the job move worked out and congratulations on the new niece. I foresee many trips to WDW in her future!

Steve Tanner at Magical Trash said...

Thanks for the update. Best of the luck in the new job!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.