Sunday, March 9, 2008

Wants and Needs...

When I started collecting Disney License Plates, I had absolutely no idea just what was out there. My dad had been buying license plates in the parks, but we didn't know that the history and offerings ran so much deeper than the merchandise racks of the Disney theme parks. We didn't know anything of variants, cmo plates, commemoratives, or anything else related to Disney license plates. When we discovered ebay and the wealth of offerings therein, it opened up a whole new world to us. We also discovered Steve Garner's site and realized that we were really missing out on a whole load of license plates that we never even knew existed. It was there that we learned of the 1971 blue and green plates and all of their variations and errors. We also learned what variants are and that cast member only plates were really cool.

While we have been collecting plates for a very long time, like every collector there are plates that we just haven't been able to get our hands on. In this post I am going to focus on the license plates that I have been looking for to add to my collection. These are mainly license plates that I haven't seen anywhere but on Steve's site. If anyone has any good information about where I can get these license plates, feel free to let me know, I would be very appreciative.


Now this, of course, is my absolute favorites list, and I know that the odds of me getting my hands on these particular plates are pretty slim if at all. I'm also well aware that these are some of the more expensive plates out there. These plates would be a great addition to any collection, and I truly hope some day to add them to mine.

Have a great Disney week!!!!

No comments: