Monday, September 10, 2007

Everyone Loves a Party!

Especially when they're giving out a prize every fifteen seconds. The 15th Anniversary celebration at Walt Disney World was the first big anniversary celebration thrown at the Florida property. To commemorate the celebration, we get to add yet another license plate to the collection:


As I remember it this celebration was huge! There were parades, special shows, and of course the prize giveaways. Every fifteen seconds during the 15th Anniversary festivities someone coming through the gate won a prize, and I was lucky enough to be one of the winners!

I was 11 years old during that trip and I thought it was just about the greatest thing in the world that I had won one of the prizes. I've never really gotten into trading or collecting Disney pins, but this is definitely one pin that I will never let go.


The 15th Anniversary celebration was really a sight to see, and being one of the winners was an experience that will stay with me forever. I truly believe that this celebration was a demonstration of Disney at its absolute best and it set the bar for every celebration that came after it.

2 comments:

Disneyana World said...

That ticket is from the day I was born. Awesome.

Amy said...

It was a lot of fun to see these scans. I won one of those pins on a trip to Disney World when I was in Jr. High. It brings back a lot of memories. I know I had that winning ticket stashed away for quite some time. I wish I could find it, and the pin, now!