Friday, September 7, 2007

It's Nahtazu!

As I round out my first week of posting, so too do we round out the list of Walt Disney World theme parks. The fourth park to join the WDW family, Animal Kingdom, opened in 1998. Featuring the beautifully constructed Tree of Life and "free roaming" animals on the Kilimanjaro Safari, this park gave visitors a whole new experience never seen before in Walt Disney World.

Unfortunately for license plate collectors, we were to receive an experience that we had grown all too familiar with...another variant plate. This one is one of the most subtle variations that I have ever seen on a Disney license plate. The background color is just a shade darker on the variant plate. Whether this was done by mistake or intentionally I do not know. Surprisingly enough I never even realized that I had both plates until I started scanning them for this blog.

I have to admit that I was very happy that I already had both of them. I can only imagine how hard it would have been to try to explain to a potential seller on ebay exactly what I was looking for.

That rounds out the pre-opening plates for the four Walt Disney World parks. From this point on we'll be taking a look at the rest of my collection and possibly exploring a little bit of Disney history through these license plates. It's been a fun first week, and I really want to thank all of the people who have contacted me and helped me to get some exposure for the new blog. I hope you all have a wonderful Disney weekend!

No comments: